Mazatapec Magic Mushrooms Grow Kit GetMagic
The Mazatapec Magic Mushrooms Grow Kit GetMagic is a favorite among mushroom connoisseurs. It has a long history, as it is thought to have been utilized for millennia in holy, ritualistic events by Mazatec shamans in Huautla Jimenez, Mexico. The strain is well-known for its stunning flushes as well as its potent healing qualities.
Some claim that it takes longer to grow than other strains, but the wait is definitely worth it. The Mazatapec is a true mushroom gem, and its distinct qualities make it a must-have for any grower wishing to enhance their collection.
How do I store the grow kit?
Do not store your grow kit longer than 2-3 weeks
We recommend that you begin growing your mushroom grow kit immediately away. If you wish to grow later, do not keep your grow kit for more than 2-3 weeks after it was manufactured.
Store in a cool place
Always keep the mushroom growing kit in the fridge (2°C to 4°C). The manufacture date and the two digits of the week number are printed on the cardboard box.
Make sure your refrigerator is clean and clear of bacteria, yeasts, and other contaminants. To be safe, place the culture kit in a clean plastic bag and carefully seal it.
- 1Wash your hands thoroughly and clean the outside of the growkit with a dry cloth. Remove the lid and save it for step 2
- 2Fill the growkit to the edge with lukewarm water (20°C), put the lid back on the growkit and let it soak for 5 minutes.
Important: never soak the growkit for more than 1 hour!
- 3Remove the lid from the growkit and drain the water well. Let the growkit drain for 10 seconds.
- 4Place the growkit in the growbag and fill the growbag with a cup (200-250ml) of lukewarm water (20°C). Then fold the top of the bag and close it with 2 paperclips.
- 5Place the growkit in a place with 20-25°C average room temperature. Make sure that the growkit is not in direct sunlight, not under a lamp and not near a radiator/heat source.
Important: the bag must remain closed until the first pinheads form. Until then the CO2 content and humidity inside the bag should be as high as possible.
- 6When the first pinheads* are visible, let some fresh air into the growbag on a daily basis (for a few minutes) and then moisten the growkit with a misting bottle.
*Pinheads are the first visible forms of tiny mushroom caps. It can take 10 to 20 days for the first pinheads to be visible.
- 7The mushrooms can be harvested just before the membranes on the bottom of the cap open up. While harvesting gently grasp the stem and turn it left/right. When the mushroom becomes loose, pull it out as carefully as possible.
Important: the mushroom must be completely removed so that there is room for a new one.
- 8Congratulations, the harvest is complete. It is now possible to grow a new flush of mushrooms by repeating steps 1 to 7 again.
Read the following do’s and dont’s for a successful grow.
Despite the fact that mushroom grow kits are simple to use and relatively foolproof, we have summarized the most significant elements for you. Temperature, light, humidity, the first mushrooms, and the growth cycle are only a few examples.
The optimal temperature for mushroom development is 24°C. The temperature should not go below 20°C and should not rise above 29°C. You can use a Thermo Heatingmat to keep the temperature from going below 20°C. In the winter or colder places of the world, a thermo mat is a must-have.
The mycelium in the magic mushroom kit only requires light to ‘understand’ that it has reached the surface. Only then will mushrooms sprout. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunshine per day is sufficient. Because direct sunlight destroys mycelium, keep the sun away from the grow kit.
Misting begins the day the first pins appear. Remove the paperclip from the grow bag to open it. Spray once against each side of the bag rather than immediately on the cake. So you mist four times a day. Misting also allows fresh oxygen to enter the bag. Close the bag with the paperclip immediately after misting.
Frequent air exchange (FAE)
Keep the grow bag tight until the first pins appear; CO2 levels should be as high as possible to stimulate pinning. After the pinning step, you can open the bag 1-2 times per day to allow fresh air to enter. Open and seal the bag, pushing out the air and letting in some fresh air.
The 1st shrooms!
If the growing circumstances are ideal, the first little mushrooms (the pins) should develop between 10 and 20 days. This is also determined by the strain. Some cubensis strains mature at a slower rate than others. It may take another week to reach maturity. A whole growth cycle can last up to 4-5 weeks.
The mushrooms appear in clusters. A flush is a type of growth like this. A kit can provide more than one flush. The first two flushes are the most significant. More flushes will follow, each one smaller than the last.
Picking and Harvesting
Pick mushrooms when the veil between the hat and the stem is going to or has just torn. If you wait much longer, the mushrooms will drop their spores. Pick only the ripe mushrooms and leave the others to develop. The alternative is to remove all of the mushrooms and begin a new flush. How to Select Mushrooms:
- Use surgical gloves or disinfect your hands, wrists and arms.
- Remove the mushrooms from the cake by taking hold of the base of the mushroom between thumb and index finger.
- Rotating your hand clockwise slowly, until the mushroom lets go.
Do not remove the mushrooms. This would endanger the mycelium and possibly kill it. Pick the tiny mushrooms and pins once you’ve picked the majority of the larger mushrooms.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms thrive where there is enough light and little penetrating resistance. Because the sun shines on the sides of the cake, mushrooms may grow there as well. You have several options:
- Darken the sides of the kit by putting it in the cardboard box.
- Spray the top soil a bit to stimulate more growth on the top
- Do nothing and let them grow
After all the mushrooms are harvested, you prepare the kit for the next flush. Disinfected your hands or use gloves; take the grow box out of the grow bag.
- Fill the container with lukewarm water (20°C)
- Take the lid use it to close the container.
- Let it soak for 5 – 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and drain the water
- Place the growkit in the growbag and fill the growbag with a cup (200-250ml) of lukewarm water (20°C)
This is known as the soaking process. Water will now be absorbed by the cake, preparing it for the next flush. You can hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry while it is soaking. After each flush, many growers like to utilize new and unused grow bags.
To proceed, repeat steps 2 through 7 as you did when you originally started the process. A new flush will occur a few days later. A grow kit can provide at least two flushes. The initial flush is frequently the largest.
After the second flush, if no additional mushrooms grow out of your grow kit for at least 5-6 weeks, or if the grow kit turns green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit can be discarded.The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacteria. The mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and it should be discarded in the garbage or in your yard.
When you pluck the mushrooms too late, they will drop their spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains will turn red/brown). This isn’t a big deal; it just doesn’t look very nice.
When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.
Mazatapec Magic Mushrooms Grow Kit GetMagic Strain information
- Origin: Mexico
- Cap: 20-50 mm,Light to Dark brown when the mushroom matures,
- Stem: 40 -125 mm, medium ot large in size, bruises green blue when touched
- Spores: Dark purple brown, 11.5–17 x 8–11 µm, subellipsoid, basidia 4-spored
- Substrate: PF Tek and BRF, Rye grain, Straw and Dung
About GetMagic Grow kits
GetMagic mushroom grow kits contain everything you need for growing magic mushrooms at home;
- a grow bag
- ready to grow mushroom substrate
- and clips to close the bag
The GetMagic grow kits bring back the cool of multilayer magic mushroom grow kits from the past. The mycelium is completely colonized, with perlite underneath and a vermiculite layer on top. These layers keep the kit damp and make it simple to maintain optimal conditions.
The GetMagic grow kit will require your assistance, love, and positive vibes to attain its full potential. Simply add water and you will be rewarded with a high production of mushrooms in 2-4 weeks. This kit is solely intended for small-scale home use. Use for human consumption only. Use solely for spore reproduction and research.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts.
|Grow Kit type
|Average / High
|Optimum cultivation temperature
|Water Spray Needed