Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Golden Teacher XL by Mondo®
The next generation of Magic Mushroom Grow Kit Golden Teacher XL by Mondo® is the culmination of years of preparation and testing. The Golden Teacher XL grow kit has improved even further. In comparison to the first generation of Mondo®XL magic mushroom grow kit, the second version includes:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits
The Mondo® Golden Teacher XL magic mushroom grow kit differs differently from other grow kits you may have used. These are mostly ‘under the hood’ differences that are difficult to notice.
You do not need to utilize any more spores, as with the previous and other simple mushoom grow kits. The spores formed in mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box during the laboratory process.
How to store the grow kit correctly
It is advised to begin the cultivation process as soon as possible. If you want to start growing later, keep the grow kit in the refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) for 2 weeks following the manufacture date. Wrap the grow kit in a plastic shopping bag and seal it tightly.
- 1x grow box – This contains substrate with active mycelium (the cake)
- 1x large grow bag – The bag has micron filters to keep contaminants out
- 2x paperclip – For closing the grow bag.
- Misting Bottle – Misting is needed for the humidity level
- Potable water – For misting and soaking
- Clean environment – Work clean to give other fungi and bacteria (micro organisms) no chance to contaminate.
We recommend to use
- Surgical gloves
- Disinfectant for hands
- Disinfectant for surfaces
- Soaking Bag
- Thermo mat (when room temperature drops below 18°C)
How to prepare the room and yourself before you begin
- Close any open windows. Wind or draft may bring microorganisms that can contaminate the Mondo® ‘Golden Teacher’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit.
- When taking out the grow box with the cake from the carton box, put it on a disinfected surface. If this surface would not be clean, micro organisms may attach to the grow box and will flourish inside the Mondo® ‘Golden Teacher’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit, and will contaminate the grow box.
- Make sure you work with clean hands and arms. We recommend using surgical gloves or a good disinfectant when handling the kit. You should use a facemask to avoid breathing into the grow bag and on the cake.
Starting the process
- Fill the box with fresh, potable water. Close the grow box well and let is soak for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, pour the surplus of water out of the grow box.
- Place the grow box inside the large grow bag. The open end of the bag should point upwards.
- Remove the lid from the grow box. Rinse the lid, and store it in the ziplock bag for later use. Place the ziplockbag with the lid back in the carton box.
- Fold the open end of large grow bag twice; do not cover the micron filter.
- Place the paperclip on the fold, so the bag stays closed. Now the Mondo® ‘Golden Teacher’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit is ready to grow.
- Place the Mondo® ‘Golden Teacher’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit inside the carton box, on top of the ziplock with lid.
24°C is the optimal temperature. The temperature should not go below 18°C and should not rise above 29°C. Use a thermo mat to keep the temperature above 18°C. In the winter or colder places of the world, a thermo mat is a must-have.
The Mondo® ‘Golden Teacher’ XL magic mushroom grow kit simply need light to ‘understand’ that it has reached the surface. Only then will mushrooms sprout. A few hours of fluorescent/artificial light or indirect sunshine per day is sufficient. Because direct sunlight destroys mycelium, keep the sun away from the grow kit.
Water / Misting
The day after you start the process you begin with misting. Open the grow bag by removing the paperclip. Do not spray directly on the cake, but spray one time against every side of the bag. So you mist once a day, four sprays. Misting also vents fresh oxygen inside the bag. Right after misting, close the bag again with the paperclip.
If the conditions are favorable, the first little mushrooms (the pins) should appear between 5 and 16 days. This is also determined by the strain. Some cubensis strains mature at a slower rate than others.
The mushrooms appear in clusters. This group can be tiny or large. That is determined by the strain. A flush is a type of growth like this. Mushrooms virtually seldom ripen all at once. A kit can provide more than one flush. The first two flushes are the most significant. More flushes will follow, each one smaller than the last.
When the veil between the hat and the stem has barely torn, the mushrooms are ripe and ready to be plucked. Don’t put it off any longer. Put on surgical gloves or clean your hands, wrists, and arms. Pick only the ripe mushrooms and leave the others to develop.
Remove the mushrooms from the cake by grasping the base of each mushroom with your thumb and index finger. Slowly rotate your hand clockwise until the mushroom lets go. Do not remove the mushrooms. This would endanger the mycelium and possibly kill it. Pick the tiny mushrooms and pins once you’ve picked the majority of the larger mushrooms.
Mushrooms that grow from the sides
Mushrooms thrive where there is enough light and little penetrating resistance. Because the sun shines on the sides of the cake, mushrooms may grow there as well. This is difficult to dispute and is permissible. To keep the sides of the grow box dark, some gardeners cover them in aluminum foil, although this doesn’t always work. When mushrooms grow there, collect them immediately before soaking the kit:
Hands are clean! Remove the grow box from the bag and set it on your other hand, upside down. Wiggle the plastic box until the cake falls out and onto your hand. Place the plastic box on a disinfecting surface. You can now pick the mushrooms off the sides of the cake with this hand. When all of the mushrooms have been selected, return the cake to the plastic box and continue the soaking process.
After you’ve harvested all of the mushrooms, you’ll need to prepare the kit for the next flush. Remove the grow box from the large grow bag using disinfected hands or gloves. Fill the box halfway with clean, potable water. Remove the ziplock bag lid and use it to shut the grow box.
Place the unopened grow box in a soaking bag or wrap it in your own clean plastic shopping bag. Close it tightly and place it in the fridge (2°C to 8°C) for 12 hours. This is known as the soaking process. Water will now be absorbed by the cake, preparing it for the next flush.
You can hang the grow bag with micronfilter upside down to dry while it is soaking. Make careful to hang it upside down so that no microorganisms may get into the bag. After each flush, many growers like to utilize new and unused grow bags. After 12 hours, remove the soaking bag containing the grow box from the refrigerator and unpack it.
To continue, follow the same steps 3 – 7 as before when you started the process for the first time. Several days later, a new flush will appear. You can get at least 2 or 3 flushes out of a Mondo® ‘Golden Teacher’ XL Magic mushroom grow kit. If you are experienced in cultivating, you can get more flushes out of a kit.
When no more mushrooms grow out of a grow kit for at least three weeks following the second flush, or when the Mondo® ‘Golden Teacher’ XL Magic Mushroom grow kit becomes green, red, grey, or yellow, the grow kit can be discarded.
The color shift indicates that the grow kit has been infected with another fungus or bacteria. The Mondo® ‘Golden Teacher’ XL Magic mushroom grow kit will no longer produce mushrooms, and the grow kit should be discarded outside in the garbage.
When you pluck the mushrooms too late, they will drop their spores. Because of the spores, the cake and mushrooms will turn black/purple (some other cubensis strains will turn red/brown). This isn’t a big deal; it just doesn’t look very nice. When mushrooms release their spores, they begin to deteriorate and the active chemicals disintegrate. Mushrooms’ potency will be reduced.
Check out the responsible use page for more information on do’s and don’ts. This kit is meant for small-scale home use only.
|Grow Kit type
|Average / High
|Optimum cultivation temperature
|Water Spray Needed