Hawaiian Copelandia Magic Mushroom Grow Kit | Panaeolus Cyanescens
Hawaiian Copelandia Magic Mushroom Grow Kit. Panaeolus Cyanescens, Copelandia Cyanescens, Copelandia papilionacea, or Psilocybe Cyanescens (false!)… You get to name them anyway you want!
If a species has so many names, you know it must be unique. Panaeolus Cyanescens and Copelandia Cyanescens are the scientific names. The Copelandia is quite potent; in comparison to Psilocybe cubensis, the Hawaiian Copelandia is 4-6 times stronger. And provides a bright visual and clean journey.
Cultivating Hawaiian Copelandia mushrooms requires more than a basic understanding of mycology and advanced cultivation experience; with this grow kit, it is slightly easier, but still challenging.
Hawaiian Copelandia Panaeolus Cyanescens grow kit
How to grow Hawaiian Copelandia? This has been a quest for years. It’s hard, but now you can give growing Panaeolus Cyanescens a chance with this easy to use grow kit. A few key factors are important:
- Work clean !
- Lots of fresh air : Air the kit, twice a day
- High Humidity : Moist the grow kit once a day
- Do not spray on the pins or mushrooms
Warning: Due cold storage the substrate can have some blue and green spots upon arrival. This does not mean that your kit is contaminated. Just send a picture of the kit to the Support and we can help you determinate if it is something else
Contents of the Hawaiian Copelandia grow kit
- Mycelium box 1200 ml with Panaeolus Cyanescens, Hawaiian strain
- Topsoil (casing layer) black earth like substance
- Grow bag
- Water spray / Misting bottle
- Face Mask
We recommend that you start the kit as soon as possible. If you do not want to use it right away. Keep the kit refrigerated between 5 – 7 degrees Celsius. Only use a cleaned refrigerator. Start the kit within a week after rival.
Instructions Hawaiian Copelandia Panaeolus Cyanescens grow kit
Work clean !
Clean your work area and wash your hands Use gloves and a face mask if you have them. Work with your arms stretched so the kit is an arms length a way form you. This way you can not breath or cough on the kit or in the grow bag.
Start your Hawaiian Copelandia grow kit:
- Take out the contents of the kit. The substrate container, topsoil (casing layer) container, the growbag (humidity bag) the paperclip
- Spread the black top soil (casing layer) over the substrate, smooth it out evenly over the surface with your fingers.
- Put the kit in the grow bag.
- Mist the black top soil layer, until it is very mosit but not soaked with water.
- Add fresh air and close the bag with the paper clip.
- Everyday spray the sides of the grow bag with 1-2 sprays of water, from a misting bottle. And add fresh air by squeezing the bag and then opening it again, allowing new air to come inside.
- 5 – 17 days after starting your Copelandia grow kit, pins will begin to form (small mushrooms, tat appeear like small dots)
- DO NOT SPRAY the pins or mushrooms directly. But take the mushroom grow kit out of the growbag, add fresh air, spray the bag lightly to increase humidity. Put the kit back in the grow bag and close the bag.
- 5-7 days after pinning most mushrooms will be grown and are ready to pick.
- Prepare the kit for the next flush, by misting the top layer with lots of water. Spray until one or to centimeters of water accumulates at the bottom of the grow kit. You can pour the water out of the kit when you the new flush begins to grow.
The set-up or positioning of your Hawaiian Copelandia kit is very important.
- Your cultivation area should be clean and disinfected.
- Pick a spot off the ground, preferably between knee and eye height. Or on top of a cupboard
- Do NOT cultivate in your bathroom, toilet or cellar. These rooms often contain other molds or bacteria.
- Do NOT put the kit in a box, container or other closed environment. The grow kit needs fresh air and airflow. With no air you will kill the mycelium.
- Do NOT put the kit in direct sunlight. A bright place in the house is perfect.
Panaeolus Cyanescens mushrooms fruit at roughly 24 degrees Celsius, which is similar to growing Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms. If you keep your grow kit at that temperature, it will thrive. We have discovered that if the kit cultivation temperature is less than 19 degrees, the kit will not perform as well.
- Colonization temperature 26-29°C
- Fruiting temperature 23-26°C
The mycelium and mushrooms need fresh air to develop. that is why it is important to air the grow bag 2 times a day. You can add the fresh air by doing the following:
- Close your doors and windows to avoid draft
- Clean your hands or use gloves
- Open the grow bag, by removing the clip and unfolding the top.
- Now squeeze the bag and open it to add the fresh air.
- Do this 3-4 times and the kit will have enough fresh air for the day
- Fold the top and close it with the clips
- Air the kit in the mornings and at night.
It is now time to raise the humidity in the grow bag after adding fresh air. This is accomplished by spraying the top soil of the kit as well as the inside of the grow bag. Make it moist rather than wet.
When the first little mushroom appears in the grow kit, remove the substrate kit from the humidity bag and spray only in the bag! The Hawaiian Copelandia mushrooms dislike being wet and will stop growing if they become wet. Never use a spray on mushrooms.
Harvesting your Hawaiian Copelandia kit is best done within 24-36 hours after the Panaeolus Cyanescens mushrooms release their spores. The caps turn a grayish white color.There will also be some black spores on the caps. It’s time to go mushroom hunting! Unlike Psilocybe cubensis, Panaeolus Cyanescens lacks a veil. The caps just open and release their spores.
How to pick the mushrooms from the Copelandia mushroom kit?
Gently knock the Panaeolus Cyanescens mushrooms over, snap them at the base. They will detach themselves form the substrate and are ready for use.
FAQ and troubleshooting
Having doubts about the growing process or need some more advice? Read our Hawaiian copelandia FAQ and get more out of your grow kit
Panaeolus cyanescens produces a black spore print that at best can be obtained when the caps are opening. This way you can store the genetics of the mushroom strain and research the spores under a microscope.
- Harvest a mushroom that has it cap open
- Cut the cap of the stem
- Place the cap with the gills down on foil or a microscopy glass
- Cover the cap and foil with a glass bowl or a contrainer.
- Wait for 1-2 days
- Remove the cap from the surface
- You print is ready!
- Secure the print by folding the foil and store it in a zip lock bag
Panaeolus cyanescens, also known as Copelandia cyanescens and blue meanies are a hallucinogenic mushroom that contains psilocybin, serotonin, and urea. Binomial name :Panaeolus cyanescens (Berkeley & Broome) Singer
- Kingdom: Fungi
- Phylum: Basidiomycota
- Class: Hymenomycetes
- Order: Agaricales
- Familly: Bolbitiacaeae
- Genus: Panaeolus
- Species: Cyanescens
- Strain: Hawaiian
- Habitat: Bovine Dung
- Climate: Tropical
- Strain Origin: Hawaii
- Cap: 10-40 mm in diameter, hemispheric expanding to broadly convex to nearly plane with age. Brownish maturing to grayish white. Flesh readily bruising bluish.
- Stem: 85-120 mm in length. Typically equal, sometimes slightly enlarged at base. Yellowish to gray bruising bluish.
- Gills: Attachment adnexed. Mottled grayish coloration in young fruit bodies becoming black in maturity.
- Spores: Black, lemonshaped on 4-spored basidia
- Substrate: Dung, straw, compost.
Panaeolus cyanescens is a coprophilous, dung-inhabiting species that flourishes in both the tropical and neotropical hemispheres. Africa, Australia, Bali, Belize, Brazil, Borneo, the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Thailand, and Europe have all been discovered. Japan, Mexico, Oceania (including Fiji and Samoa), the Philippines, South America, Tasmania, and the United States are among the countries represented. (From Wikipedia)
History Of Hawaiian Copelandia Magic Mushroom Grow Kit
Little is known about the Panaeolus cyanescens’s history. There have been no archeological discoveries of mushrooms. And they were frequently available with other more well-known mushroom species such as Psilocybe cubensis and Amanita muscaria, which were most likely utilized instead.
Panaeolus cyanescens was and still is used in ritual, celebration, and recreational purposes in Indonesia. The Pan Cyans were used as inspiration by Indonesian Batik artists, explaining the vivid and hallucinogenic style of the work.
The mushrooms were given to travelers and then sold to tourists in Bali, Java, and Sumatra as their popularity grew around 1980.
The indigenous inhabitants of Samoa gave the mushrooms several names based on the state of mind they gave you or the method of production. Taepovi means “cow patty”, Pulouaitu means “spirit house”, and Faleaitu means “comedy”. In the 1970s, Samoan teenagers apparently discovered the psychoactive properties of the Panaeolus cyanescens fungus.
Panaeolus cyanescens first appears in the Netherlands in the 1990s, spread by home growers and then in’smartshops’ under the names Hawaiians or Balinees.
Even the Panaeolus cyanescens originates in tropical regions; the specimen studied for its psilocibine was obtained from a garden in France.
Blue meanies, Pan cyan, Hawaiian blue meanies, blauender dungerling, falterdungerling (German), jambur/jamur (Indonesian), tenkech (Chol) are some other names for Panaeolus cyanescens.
Berkeley and Broome named the Pan Cyans Agaricus cyanescens in 1871. Bresadola from the Philippines named it Copelandia papilionacea years later, and Singer named it Copelandia cyanescens in 1951. Saccardo named the species Panaeolus cyanescens in 1887, which is still its official formal name.
Responsible use and Harm Reduction
Mushroom cultivation is not without danger. Only cultivate mushrooms if it is legal in your country. The grow kits are designed for small-scale home cultivation and to provide spore prints for research purposes. Panaeolus cyanescens is known to have higher alkaloid contents than other mushroom species. Be cautious and read our page on harm reduction responsible use.
Dosing mushrooms and determining the appropriate dose is dependent on several factors, including the mushroom species, whether the mushrooms are dried or fresh, your weight, and the goal of your trip. Before embarking on your magical voyage, learn more about dose calculation, trip levels, and safe use.
Be aware that the Panaeolus cyanescens Hawaiian Copelandia mushrooms are extremely potent, and even a modest dose will outperform any cubensis trip. The following is the typical dosage for Hawaiian Copelandia Panaeolus cyanescens mushrooms:
- Threshold dose : 0,15 gram dry / 1-2 gram fresh
- Light dose: 0,2 – 0,4 grams dry / 4 grams fresh
- Medium dose: 0,5 – 0,7 grams dry / 7 grams fresh
- Heavy dose: 0,8 – 1,2 grams dry / 12 grams fresh
Active substances in various concentrations are the following Alkaloids:
|Grow Kit type
|Optimum cultivation temperature
|Water Spray Needed